SOOS CREEK BOTANICAL GARDEN (SCBG) TOUR GUIDELINES
Thank you for your interest in scheduling a SCBG tour with one of our docents.
1. Please arrive 10 minutes early for your tour. Meet at the entrance of the Garden in the parking lot.
2. Tours can be scheduled to start at 10:00 am or 1:00 pm. Tours take approximately 90 minutes.
3. To help us start your tour on time, please stop for a restroom break before your group arrives or allow time
here before your tour. We have limited facilities.
4. Donation for a docent led tour is $3 per person, with a minimum of $25. Please provide one check payable to
Soos Creek Botanical Garden to be paid at start of tour.
5. Tours must be scheduled and confirmed at least 2 weeks in advance. Update us if there is a change to the
number of people you expect. Include a cell phone number and an email address of person arranging your tour.
6. We have a Heritage Center devoted to the history of the Soos Creek Plateau. Many antiques, early photos, and
historical maps are on display.
7. Those who do not wish to walk the full tour may spend time in the Heritage Center.
8. No pets are allowed in the Garden. Food/beverages are allowed in the parking lot only.
9. Our garden tours are currently for adults only. Children are welcome to visit the garden with their parents or
other responsible adults. We recommend the Shadow Lake Bog, the Soos Creek Trail and the Lake Wilderness
Arboretum for groups of supervised children.
10. Tours take place rain or shine. Wear walking shoes and dress for the weather.
11. Some of our property is accessible for wheelchairs/walkers. Most paths are gravel and much of the garden is on
12. The plant sale area will be opened at the end of your tour for those interested. Plants range in price from
aproximately$3 to $10 (cash or checks only).
13. We welcome new volunteers, both women and men, and offer a variety of activities to share both indoors and
14. The Garden is open Wednesday through Saturday between 10am and 3pm. There is no charge for admission
without a tour. The Garden is closed to the public from mid-November to mid-March.
15. Several small restaurants within 5-6 minutes drive are located near 132nd and Kent-Kangley Rd (272nd), more
within 10-12 minutes drive (Red Robin, Applebee's on 104th off Kent-Kangley. Lake Meridian Park on
Kent-Kangley Rd and 156th has a very nice picnic facility and is about a 10 minutes drive.
Thank you for your interest in our Garden. We look forward to your group visiting the lovely grounds at
Soos Creek Botanical Garden. Visit our website at: www.sooscreekbotanicalgarden.org or send us an Email at